No matter what community in which you live in the Santa Clarita Valley - Castaic, Canyon Country, Newhall, Acton, Agua Dulce, Saugus, Stevenson Ranch or Valencia - We are getting close to the holidays.
This time of year is one of the most spectacular seasons, offering an end to summer in a most colorful way. This is also a great time to put summer items away and get your home ready for winter. Both the exterior of your home and the interior of your home could use some attention. Take care of exterior items on the nicer days and the interior for less enchanting weather!
Outside your home take care of your yard, gardens, trees, gutters, and sprinkler system. A few things to pay attention to:
- Mow your lawn one last time, aerate, and fertilize it to prepare it for a healthy start come Spring.
- Plant bulbs, like tulips and daffodils, that will appear first in the Spring. Fall is an ideal time to plant a variety of bulbs.
- Cut back your gardens and prune your shrubs. Most flowers and plants should be cut back to get rid of what is dead and ready them for the best growth come the spring season.
- Clear out the gutters of all debris so that rain and snow can run freely through the troughs without backing up. Gutters are notorious for getting clogged with leaves and natural debris.
- Unhook your garden hoses and blowout your sprinkler system to avoid burst pipes come freezing temperatures.
Inside your home there a re a number of chores as well:
- Have your heating system checked before you need it. Nothing is worse than needing your heat, turning it on, and not having it work!
- Check your window and door seals to reduce winter’s drafty winds and cold air from invading your home.
Spring may be a season known for cleaning, but Fall is the time of year to prepare your home for a harder climate. Now is the ideal time to get things done around your home before a colder climate creeps up on you!
We have some of the BEST Santa Clarita Businesses by Referral, as far as Heating and Air Conditioning service are concerned. Give us a call and we will be glad to make the introductions for you!
Don't forget to use local services, including Local Real Estate Agents - the importance is in the Value Driven approach they are able to offer. Accountability is Key!